A scroll bar include 3 separate controls: a slider, scroll arrows, and a page control:
- The slider provides a way to quickly go to any part of the document
- The scroll arrows are push buttons which can be used to accurately navigate to a particular place in a document.
- The page control is the area over which the slider is dragged (the scroll bar’s background). Clicking here moves the scroll bar towards the click by one “page”.
Arrows are not yet implemented
- length (int) – Length of the page control
- values_range (tuple, list) – Min and max values
- scrollbar_id (str) – Bar identifier
- orientation (str) – Bar orientation ORIENTATION_HORIZONTAL/ORIENTATION_VERTICAL
- slider_pad (int, float) – Space between slider and page control
- slider_color (tuple, list) – Color of the slider
- page_ctrl_thick (int, float) – Page control thickness
- page_ctrl_color (tuple, list) – Page control color
- onchange (callable, None) – Callback when changing the selector
- onreturn (callable, None) – Callback when pressing return button
Draw the widget shape.
Parameters: surface (
pygame.Surface) – Surface to draw
Returns: None Returns: Return the greatest acceptable value Return type: int Returns: Return the smallest acceptable value Return type: int Returns: Return the scroll bar orientation Return type: str Returns: Return amount that the value changes by when the user click on the page control surface Return type: int
Return the value according to the slider position. :return: Position in pixels :rtype: int
Set the length of the page control area. :param value: Length of the area :type value: int, float :return: None
Set the greatest acceptable value. :param value: Maximum value :type value: int, float :return: None
Set the smallest acceptable value. :param value: Minimum value :type value: int, float :return: None
Set the scroll bar orientation to vertical or horizontal. :param orientation: Widget orientation, could be ORIENTATION_HORIZONTAL/ORIENTATION_VERTICAL :type orientation: str :return: None
Set the amount that the value changes by when the user click on the page control surface. The length of the slider is related to this value, and typically represents the proportion of the document area shown in a scrolling view. :param value: Page step :type value: int :return: None
Set the position of the scrollbar. :param value: Position :type value: int, float :return: None
Update internal variable according to the given events list and fire the callbacks.
Parameters: events (list[
pygame.event.Event]) – List of pygame events
Returns: True if updated Return type: bool